Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kitchen Conversations

So it's almost bedtime and I'm giving Roo and Scooter their "dinosaur medicine" (chewable vitamins) and ask them each to answer a math question in order to earn the prehistoric-shaped treat.

Scooter's is pretty easy: What's 4 plus 2? But I stump Roo with a time question (because she's learning about half-hours and quarter-hours at school). How many hours do I sleep if I take a nap at 2:00pm and wake up at 4:30pm?

She struggles for a minute and then gets a little upset, saying it's too hard, and Mark agrees with her. So I give in, but teasing a little with "Okay, I guess if you're as dim as your dad, I'll ask you easier questions." Mark feigns being insulted, and Roo quickly says, "But Mom!" (and I assume she's going to defend her father...) "You know I'm not as dim as Dad!"

No comments: